The psychological effects of sexual misconduct can be the same, whether we call it abuse or assault, or whether it is a single incident or a repeated occurence.
How Can a Sex Abuse Lawyer Help Me?
A sex abuse attorney can provide many services that can help alleviate the burdens caused by an incident. In many instances, a survivor of sexual assault or abuse may be hesitant to pursue legal action because they don’t know where to start or how the process works.
This is where the services of a sexual abuse lawyer can be of much assistance to the survivor and their family. An experienced lawyer can help by:
- Gathering the necessary documents, reports, evidence, and statements needed for your case
- Acting as your advocate so you don’t have to speak directly with other parties
- Researching the relevant laws and statutes for your case
- Providing you with advice, comfort, and guidance during the process
- Formulating a strong legal strategy
- Arguing in court for the maximum damages award available under law
In the wake of a sexual assault incident, you should be focusing on your peace of mind and recovery. We understand the emotional and psychological toll that assault can cause for a person. As attorneys, it’s our job to handle the details of your case so you can spend the time and energy needed for yourself.