Update: Judge Upholds $4.69 Billion Ovarian Cancer Verdict Against Johnson & Johnson
Judge Upholds Ovarian Cancer Verdict
Judge Burlison, who oversaw the case of 22 women suing Johnson & Johnson (J&J) for ovarian cancer from baby powder, ruled against a motion by J&J to overturn the verdict. J&J vowed to appeal and is appealing all the verdicts against the company regarding its Shower to Shower and baby powder products. Levin Simes Abrams represents women injured by talcum powder products and has extensive experience litigating mesothelioma, cancer and product liability injuries.
Ovarian Cancer Lawsuit
The jury in St. Louis found Johnson & Johnson responsible for causing the nearly two dozen cases of ovarian cancer after a Missouri state court trial. The month long trial in St. Louis Circuit Court resulted in a $25 million per plaintiff for damages, and an additional $4.15 billion in punitive damages against J&J. The jury arrived at the verdict using a metric combining the number of years J&J used talcum powder (talc powder) in their baby formula without warning of the risks, and the revenue derived from product sales.
Ovarian Cancer Lawyer
Contact our firm about talcum powder related ovarian cancer or mesothelioma quickly to make sure your right to sue does not expire. Call Levin Simes Abrams for a free consultation at 1-888-426-4156, email us at [email protected], or chat with an attorney through this page.
Video: Mesothelioma from Asbestos Baby Powder
The author of the Reuters article stopped by CNBC, see the video:
Ovarian Cancer Lawsuit News
For more information on talcum powder, asbestos contamination, mesothelioma, ovarian cancer, and verdict news see the links below:
- Talcum Powder Ovarian Cancer
- Johnson & Johnson “Laundered” Payment for Medical Study
- $117,000,000 Verdict Against J&J for Asbestos Baby Powder
- $417,000,000 Baby Powder Verdict
- New York Times Covers Talcum Powder Trials
- Baby Powder Verdict News: 22 Plaintiffs Win Large Award
- $55 Million Baby Powder Verdict
- LA Times (1995): Talcum Powder Causes Ovarian Cancer
- $208 Million Verdict by Levin Simes Abrams for California Woman with Mesothelioma
- Reuters: J&J Hid Knowledge of Asbestos in Baby Powder
- New York Times: Judge Upholds $4.69 Billion Verdict