March 27, 2019: Monsanto and their new parent company Bayer were hit with an $80 million verdict today, after being found responsible for causing non-hodgkins lymphoma in a man who used Roundup.
Verdict: Lymphoma Cancer from Roundup
Edwin Hardeman was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma in 2015, having used Roundup on his property for 20 years.
The jury agreed with the plaintiff that Roundup was a substantial factor in causing Edwin’s lymphoma. Now they have handed down an $80 million dollar verdict, after a trial on the science of Roundup causing cancer and Monsanto’s actions in failing to warn of the risk. Bayer has vowed to appeal the verdict, a similar statement was made after the prior trial where they were found liable for Dwayne Johnson’s non-hodgkins lymphoma.
Which organizations have said Roundup (glyphosate) causes cancer?
These 5 agencies have listed Roundup as a cancer causing or probably cancer causing chemical:
- The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC): Listed as a probable human carcinogen in 2015.
- The World Health Organization: Listed as a probable human carcinogen in 2015.
- The State of California: Listed as a chemical that causes cancer.
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): Listed as a potential cause of cancer in 1985.
- International Journal of Cancer: Published a study in 2008 stating a single day exposure to glyphosate created an increased risk of non-hodgkin lymphoma.
What types of cancer might Roundup and Glyphosate cause?
Roundup is now associated with cancers including:
- Non-hodgkins lymphoma
- Kidney cancer
- Liver cancer
- Bone cancer
- Colon cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
Roundup Cancer Lawyers
Levin Simes Abrams represents those injured by the hidden risks of dangerous products. We have taken on cases of cancer linked to Roundup and other glyphosate products, and offer free consultations to new clients. Contact us at [email protected] or 1-888-426-4156.