Since their legalization, rideshare companies such Lyft have been embroiled in legal battle after legal battle involving a wide range of issues, from car accidents and employment issues, to sexual assaults on passengers. Given the rideshare companies’ unique legal construct, if you have been involved in an accident with a Lyft driver, you need a Lyft Injury Lawyer who knows your rights and how to protect them.
What Are the Most Common Lyft Accident Injuries?
A Lyft accident may occur when people are injured as passengers in a Lyft driver’s vehicle, or as a person in another vehicle that is hit by a Lyft driver. Accidents also may occur when a pedestrian, motorcyclist or bicyclist is hit by a rideshare driver. These types of accidents can be caused by the negligent driver, due to driver distraction or other reasons. This negligence can have serious consequences, including personal injury and death.
Common types of car accident injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Spine injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal injuries
If you are a Lyft passenger and are involved in an accident, it is important to know your rights and what information you need to gather to ensure you protect yourself if injured.
What Are Tips to Follow After a Lyft Accident?
- Check to see if you or anyone else has been injured
- Stay calm and call 911
- Make sure to screenshot and/or download your trip itinerary and information
- Gather information related to the vehicles involved, including license plate number, make, model and color of the vehicles
- Take photos of the damage to your car and other cars at the scene, as well as the surrounding area
- Collect information, including contact information, from witnesses
- Contact a rideshare or lyft accident lawyer immediately
- Have your lawyer request a copy of the driver’s electronic “driving” information
How Can You Contact a Lyft Accident Lawyer?
If you or someone you know has been involved in a car accident or otherwise injured by a negligent Lyft driver, contact us at 415-426-3000 to speak with a Lyft injury lawyer.