- All California State Courts
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
“When I see our clients trying their hardest to fight against their cancer, it makes me want to fight just as hard for them to make sure they see the justice they so richly deserve.” - Mahzad Kazempour Hite
Mahzad’s practice focuses on product liability, pharmaceutical litigation, and mass torts. She has been at the forefront of exploding battery/e-cigarette cases, co-leading the firm’s exploding e-cigarette practice and securing hundreds of thousands in settlements for her clients. She is also involved in addiction and physical injury cases against Juul.
Mahzad joined the firm as a litigation assistant shortly after earning her bachelor’s degree in 2006, playing an integral role in the firm’s pharmaceutical litigations and igniting her passion for plaintiffs’ advocacy and consumer protection. She received her law degree from the McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento, where she co-founded and served as president of her school’s chapter of the Consumer Attorneys of California, served indigent clients as a certified law student in the public defender’s office, and mentored children in the K-12 Education Pipeline Program.
Following graduation, Mahzad returned to Levin Simes Abrams as an associate focusing on a wide array of complex civil matters.
Mahzad lives in San Francisco with her husband Orin and baby daughter. She enjoys travel, biking and hiking, and discovering new places around San Francisco and the North Bay.
JUULExploding Vape BatteryAsbestos/MesotheliomaPharmaceuticalTalcum PowderProduct LiabilityMedical Devices
Contact Info:1700 Montgomery Street, Suite 250
San Francisco, CA 94111 Phone: (888) 426-4156 | (415) 426-3000 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- McGeorge School of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2011
- Santa Clara University, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2006
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- American Association of Justice
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
Awards and Distinctions:
- Legal Fellow at the New Leaders Council Legal Institute (since 2014)
- Nehmens, Hite; E-Cigs, The Non-Certifiable Class and the Disappearing Defendant, Plaintiff Magazine (Feb, 2019) link.
In The News:
- ABC 7 News: I-Team Investigates Vape Battery Explosion. Link.