Trial and Legal Experience
Laurel specializes in rideshare assault, mesothelioma and pharmaceutical cases. Laurel has the largest verdict in a California single plaintiff mesothelioma case, the Evans case and one of the few successful verdicts against Lorillard Tobacco Company.
Laurel is a founding partner of Levin Simes LLP, with substantial experience in mass tort litigation including handling thousands of cases in a variety of litigations including rideshare, asbestos, pharmaceutical, and medical device cases. Laurel has spent her entire legal career fighting for the rights of working men and women and their families. This work has led her into numerous courtrooms over the course of her twenty plus years of practicing law. As part of this work, Laurel Simes and William Levin were able to secure the largest mesothelioma verdict in California history in 2010. This case along with many others has focused on thoughtful and intensive preparation of the plaintiffs to make them ready for their time in front of a jury. A central focus of Laurel’s practice has been spending significant time with plaintiffs, fact witnesses, treating physicians and other experts in preparing them for their testimony.
Laurel has settled hundreds of mesothelioma cases and over a thousand pharmaceutical and other cases totaling in excess of $500 million.
- Rideshare Uber & Lyft
- Talcum Powder
- Product Liability
- Medical Devices
- Transvaginal Mesh
- Napa and Sonoma Fires
Areas of Focus
Laurel Simes has been protecting the rights of working men and women, their families and businesses for over 15 years.
1700 Montgomery Street, Suite 250
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: (888) 426-4156 | (415) 426-3000
Email: [email protected]
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice:
- California State Courts
- United State District for the Northern and Eastern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Professional & Bar Association Memberships:
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
In The News:
- Vice: Lyft Has Been Flooded With Sexual Assault Lawsuits
- Bloomberg: Lyft’s ‘Woke’ Image Collides With Flurry of Sex Assault Lawsuits
- Law.com: SF Law Firm Hits Lyft With 13 Driver Sexual Harassment Suits With More Planned
- NPR’s All Things Considered: Lyft and Uber Sexual Assault Lawsuits