Angela’s practice focuses primarily on product liability and mass torts. She has been at the forefront of exploding battery/e-cigarette cases, leading the firm’s exploding e-cigarette practice and securing hundreds of thousands in settlements for her clients. Additionally, Angela leads the firm’s litigation against rideshare giant, Lyft, Inc., where Levin Simes Abrams’ clients have been sexually or otherwise assaulted by Lyft drivers. She is also involved in addiction and physical injury cases against Juul, briefing and arguing motions in California’s coordinated proceeding against the nation’s leading e-cigarette company.
In addition to her work at the trial level, Angela spearheads many of the firm’s in-house appeals, and secured a favorable, thirty-nine-page opinion from the Texas Court of Appeal regarding jurisdiction over Korean battery manufacturer, LG Chem, Ltd.
Before joining Levin Simes Abrams, Angela practiced criminal defense in Boston at both the trial and appellate levels. She second-chaired murder and other serious felony trials, and successfully secured post-conviction DNA testing for one of her clients. Her background allows for a pragmatic, passionate, and well-rounded approach to each case that crosses her desk.
Angela is a Bay Area native who grew up in Sonoma County. When not in the office, she enjoys traveling, reading, hiking, live music, cooking, baking, and exploring everything the Bay Area has to offer. She volunteers her time with Saint Vincent de Paul Society and the American Red Cross. She also does pro bono work with the Family Violence Appellate Project, a nonprofit dedicated to helping domestic violence survivors.
- Exploding Vape Battery
- Lyft Rideshare Assault
- Talcum Powder
- Product Liability
- Medical Devices
1700 Montgomery Street, Suite 250
San Francisco, CA 94111
Phone: (888) 426-4156 | (415) 426-3000
Email: [email protected]
- Suffolk University Law School, Doctor of Jurisprudence 2015
- University of California, Los Angeles, Bachelor of Arts, 2009
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice:
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Massachusetts
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Nehmens, Hite; E-Cigs, The Non-Certifiable Class and the Disappearing Defendant, Plaintiff Magazine (Feb, 2019) link.
- Constitutional Law – Wisconsin Supreme Court Interprets Competency Standard to Refuse Medical Treatment in Mentally Ill Patients – Outagamie County v. Melanie L., 10 J. Health & Biomed. L. 297 (2014)
- Bond, B. J., Nehmens, A., Compstat: A Police Performance Management Tool. In Wesley Jennings, PhD (Ed.), Encyclopedia of Crime and Punishment. Wiley (2015)
- Perrin Conferences’ National Asbestos Litigation Conference, October 2018
- Mass Torts Made Perfect, E-Cigarettes: An Emerging Litigation and National Epidemic; October 2018, March 2019
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Ski and CLE; Vapes of Wrath: The Rise of E-Cigarettes; March 2019
Honors and Distinctions:
- National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Under 40 for California 2020 and 2021
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2020
In The News:
- Fort Worth Star-Telegram: ‘A bullet in your pocket’: Lawyers target battery makers in exploding e-cigarette cases. Link.