January 4th, 2018 – The Honorable Curits E.A. Karnow, Superior Court Judge for the County of San Francisco, ordered that the North Bay wildfire cases be coordinated together. This will include cases filed by Levin Simes on behalf of victims affected by the Northern California wildfires.
What are the advantages of having cases coordinated in San Francisco?
The goal of coordinating similar cases is to allow for quicker and more efficient proceedings. In its order, the Court listed the advantage of the coordination, including:
- Convenience of parties, witnesses, and counsel
- Relative development of the actions and the work product of counsel
- Efficient utilization of judicial facilities and manpower, and the calendar of thecourts
- Avoiding disadvantages of duplicative and inconsistent rulings, orders or judgments
Levin Simes represents the many residents, property owners, and businesses affected by the Tubbs, Nuns, Atlas, Redwood Valley, and Thomas fires. You can read more about wildfire here:
- Wildfire News and Updates
- The California Wildfires
- Wildfire Help and Resources
- Wildfire Lawyer